Pink ..

Even before the end of 2024, I had decided on what blocks I wanted to work on this year in the RSC, hosted by Angela at Sosrappy.  They are
  •  more Split 9 patches. I have some left from last year and they make a great donation quilt. 
  • 16 patch Star blocks (one done but not pictured)
  • String blocks 
  • The blocks Angela shared as her inspiration for this month (5 done but not pictured)
But then January hit. And there was a project I had started and put away early in 2024 that just begged to be finished early in the year. And that has been the focus of my sewing time. 

All the blocks have been sewn. They are on my design wall. I have all the rest of the white blocks that are missing from the wall cut and ready to go, but it seemed like a waste of time to stick them on the wall at this point. 

Fingers crossed I can get this to the flimsy stage today or tomorrow. 



This is the gorgeous Mini Exploding Heart pattern from A Slice of Pi.

I guess that fits the bill for this month's color, 🙂




Comments

Awesome!!! A perfect project for RSC/January pink!!!
I can see why exploding hearts is calling to you. What a fabulous way to use up your pink scraps and have some home decor for February.
Your Exploding Heart is gorgeous! It's a wonderful idea to get it finished up. The perfect project to end January with!
ButterZ said…
I’m loving this quilt. It is such a great design. Looks so good in the scrappy pinks
Sue said…
I love that Exploding Heart pattern & it's totally perfect for pink January & as a feel-good accomplishment. Your other blocks will still be there in February. LOL
Julie in GA said…
Your Exploding Heart certainly fits the RSC for January, and it is going to be gorgeous! I love that design and really should make it someday.
Jenny said…
Your Exp,doing Heart is looking wonderful.
Pamela said…
So pretty! I'm sure you will be happy to have this finished!
Kate said…
It's gorgeous! Fingers crossed you can get it to finished quilt top in the next few days.
Such a pretty quilt this is going to be! And just in time for Valentines. No wonder your heart called for you to finish it. Welcome to Wednesday Wait Loss! Thanks for sharing.
Mrs. T said…
Thank you! For some reason none of the comments on my blog showed up until today!!

It was a perfect project for January!
Mrs. T said…
Thank you! For some reason none of the comments on my blog showed up until today!!

If only I had completed it earlier in the month 🤣
Mrs. T said…
It was a great January project!
Mrs. T said…
It was so fun I might make another one as a gift
Mrs. T said…
It is with your time! It was a fun pattern
Mrs. T said…
Thank you! I enjoy reading your blog and seeing all the ones that are linked

Popular posts from this blog

Slow and steady...

It's a flimsie!!

What's on my design wall, sort of