To remember
I started blogging just before moved to Switzerland. I knew I would want to remember not only experiences there, but also thoughts and emotions.
Moving back to the states, I only posted infrequently until I began quilting in earnest. And it’s a good way for me to keep track of progress made.
But the next few posts will be from Switzerland again, as I will want to remember our trip back.
We flew into Zurich, which felt a bit like coming home. But the weather was overcast, so I missed seeing our little village as we drew near the airport.
To fight off jet lag, we walked near the hotel in a small village and through some wooded areas.
The typical Swiss homes and villages in our region
Apples at a hofladen, a farm store.
While I don’t really enjoy the larger cities, the small villages are special. We had a self-serve flower garden adjacent to our village and the next village over had a small self-serve farm store. I took many walks by nearby orchards.
It has brought to mind so many dear friends who made our time here so special. But most of them are back in the states or have moved to other places. I wish we could see them all again.
But this was a wonderful way to start our trip back.
Comments