Certainly different

Today’s adventure is a bit different. When we lived in Switzerland, most of our trips to the mountains included hiking like we did yesterday. Up a mountain trail somewhere.

But the things to do in the Locarno region encouraged hiking in the Valle Verzasca region and a good hike was along a river. Still ups and downs. Still rocky paths, but not steep. We began by crossing over a crystal clear river.


It was amazing!


Then we hiked alongside the river for a couple miles. 


Of course we did. Good thing we did it on the early end. As we were getting ready to eat our lunch (our typical: cheese and salami), we walked down to the edge of the water to sit on some large boulders. Only I thought it would be a good idea to slip in a hole and turn my ankle 🤦‍♀️ and end up on the ground.  I know I now have to say, yes, I have fallen this year.

We turned around and headed back to the car. I have never been so thankful for my walking sticks. And thankful this did not occur the day before on the difficult hiking path. And grateful we only had 2 miles to get back to the car.

These were some of the other photos I took before that point.




Bob went out after we got back and bought assume tape for my ankle and “takeaway” from the restaurant we had enjoyed the night before. A day full of great adventure. Some just rather “unexpected.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a flimsie!!

Slow and steady...

What's on my design wall, sort of