Isn't it just like Him?

I began blogging shortly after we learned we would be moving to Switzerland for what was to be a year's assignment for Bob. Knowing that I would want to remember not just what we did while living abroad, but what I learned from the experience, I decided blogging would be a good vehicle to record my thoughts along with pictures of the gorgeous scenery of Switzerland.

And I'm so grateful that I did.  The places we visited, the things we saw, the experiences that were a part of those years were very special.  I hoped I would continue the habit when we returned to the states, but its been much more sporadic. (Like almost non-existent!!)

But a friend's post on instagram prodded me to realize I am again in a very unique situation where I want to learn all that the Lord will teach through this time and not forget.  I keep a bullet journal, but I don't use it to record as a diary of thoughts.  It's upcoming events, things I need to do, but not my thoughts on what has occurred.

I don't know all the I am to learn from this time of upheavel in life, but I have been made aware of many, what might seem like little things, but each was clearly orchestrated by the hand of my Lord and I want to remember and be grateful. No matter other circumstances.  These are things from His hand and I praise Him.

These aren't necessarily in order of importance, just things that I have been thinking on.

I tutor as well as teach.  At the beginning of the school year. one of my tutoring student's had her textbook delivered to her home, but the delivery service left it out in the rain and while not ruined,  it was damaged and the company replaced it.  The student's mom gave the book to me, thinking I might like to have a copy at home.  I rarely used it this year. But now?  I'm using it each week as I tutor virtually.  No longer can we share the same book and I read upside down (comes from years of tutoring) while we talk over problems missed or discuss new concepts.  We each have a copy in front of us.  Only the God who controls the universe would know that I would need that textbook in order to continue tutoring seamlessly.  Isn't that just like Him to provide before I even knew I would need it?

A few years ago my classroom became equipped with a monitor and I found it much easier to teach Algebra 2 from PowerPoints rather than writing everything on the whiteboard.  I could still use color to help clarify steps, only the PowerPoint was neater and easier to see than my work on the whiteboard! (Plus I no longer had my back to the students.  Important when teaching teens.  Ha!)  Fast forward to this year.  I have just about every lesson in a PowerPoint format and can easily share as we have our class via Zoom.  And because of all the time I've spent creating those PowerPoints, I can use a blank PowerPoint like a whiteboard while virtually teaching Algebra 1. Thank you, Lord for preparing me for teaching this way.   Isn't that just like Him?

As medical personnel were beginning to ask for handmade masks, some friends shared sites with the instructions and I began sewing.  As a quilter, I have quite a bit of fabric leftover from other projects, purchased because I was hoping to make something from it, or even some because I thought it was beautiful.  I do make some other types of things (like curtains and pillow covers for our home, aprons for myself and the grands to use when they are here), but I don't make clothing anymore.  It's been years.  So when I saw the directions called for elastic and interfacing, I thought I would not have what I needed.  But I've had enough to make 50 (when I finish the current set).  I have no idea when I would have used either of those items last.  I'm surprised I hadn't donated them somewhere, but He knew I would need it.  And isn't it just like Him to provide before I even knew I needed them?

When we lived in Switzerland, we began a habit of Skyping with our sons in the US every Sunday evening (Well, evening our time!) and even when we moved back we kept up the tradition.  Although we're not all on each week, Sunday afternoons at 4 are Thimsen family call. Although it's not the same as being together, it does truly help keep family ties when we can all sit around (while, with grandkids in the picture we're not all sitting!!) and talk and laugh together.  Thank you Lord for technology that can bring us together.

You may have seen or heard the expression, "What if we only had what we thanked the Lord for yesterday?"  I'm not sure many of us thanked Him on a daily basis for toilet paper.  Until now.

Lord, may this time help me to be thankful in all circumstances.  May I see Your hand in providing blessings that I didn't even know I would need.  Isn't it just like You to provide even before I knew there is a need?

No matter what trials will come as a result of the days ahead, I am grateful that I know and am loved by the One who holds all things in His hands.  Thank you, Lord.


Comments

Unknown said…
Pam, thank you for your blog. It is a wonderful idea during this very "special" time. I realize that I need to do this. I am home alone for a while....Don had open heart surgery last Tuesday, and I have not been able to be with him. I have a lot of free time...I write little notes as the days go by, and people call and someone wrote a message in chalk on my driveway to encourage me...Don came through the surgery, but is still not able to come home. Praying that he will not have to go to a rehab, but can come directly to our virus free home. God knows best. He has been a very present help each day..don't know how we could have gone through this without the knowledge of HIS presence with us. Anita

Popular posts from this blog

It's a flimsie!!

Pink ..

What's on my design wall.