Goodnight Moon

Becoming a grandmother is wonderful. One moment you're just a mother. The next you are all-wise and prehistoric. ~Pam Brown

It's amazing how grandparents seem so young once you become one. ~Author Unknown

I know I'm one lucky lady. Although I'm not officially a grandmother, I have to wait about 3 more months for that official title, but I get to play grandma quite often and I'm having great fun doing so!

I've been able to hang out with Kasey and Alea, occasionally doing some wash or cleaning the kitchen, changing a messy diaper or helping a little one get down for a nap. But I've also been able to go for walks on nice days along Zurichsee and enjoy the times that come with having a little one around.

Recently, while Kasey was getting her hair cut, I was trying to help Alea calm down enough to take her nap. We had played with some toys and even read "Goodnight Moon," although Alea's attention span doesn't go for long reading, and then I stayed in the room a bit since Alea was more restless than normal in going down. I sat in the rocking chair on the other side of the room, saying "Shh, Alea, it's okay."

That's when I almost started laughing. Thankfully I refrained or I might have defeated the whole purpose. Anyone familiar with the book would realize I had just identified myself as the "quiet old lady whispering 'hush, hush.'"

Okay. So how could I have gone from young woman to old lady overnight?




Comments

Kasey said…
What a sweet little post!!! You are a lifesaver Grandma Pam! We love you!

Popular posts from this blog

It's a flimsie!!

Slow and steady...

What's on my design wall, sort of