
I was thinking of Justin and MarDell this morning. We got quite a bit of snow here yesterday (as seen in the photo from our afternoon walk yesterday) and Bob went online this morning to check how much snow fell in different areas of Switzerland. There is a wonderful Swiss weather
website, which includes not just current weather and weather forecasts, but information on how much snow has fallen in different places, both year-to-date and within the last 24 hours.

He checked out
Säntis (2500 meters), a mountain where we had taken MarDell and Justin and enjoyed some great views, as seen in the photos I've included. The day we went up was beautiful and overall very clear. (It has not been this picturesque when we had taken Aunt Myrtle, Uncle Gene, Aunt Rhoda and Aunt Verna. That day, unfortunately, all we saw were clouds.) Although cool and windy, this second trip was magnificient. It is said that on a very clear day you can see 6 countries. I don't think we saw 6, but considering how close we were to Germany, Austria and Liechtenstein,
and obviously Switzerland, I'm sure we saw 4 countries that day.
But it was the amount of snow that Bob found had fallen at this level that was almost beyond comprehension. Although they had only received 7 cm over the last 24 hours, they had received 340 cm of snow this season. That's 3.4 meters or over 11 feet for those of you who don't like the metric system. 11 FEET of snow. That's one large snowman.
Comments