Hiking Rigi Kulm
(Not sure what's going on....but having great difficulty in moving photos where I want them....but I'm sure you can figure out what photo goes with which part of this blog entry!!! I also realized that this post is out of order....check the next post. Ah well. Once the post is begun, you can't change the order. Such is life!)
Checking the weather forecast, it seemed like the Luzern area had the greatest possibility of Alpine views and so we headed to Art-Gothard to catch the Rigi Bahn
, the cog rail train up to Rigi Kulm. This is one of my favorite places in Switzerland and I was hoping that the weather would cooperate. There is something so very special about riding on the cograil train, climbing up the valley and all of a sudden seeing the Alps in the distance as you reach the train station near Rigi Kulm. Again, it was not to be.
Of course, there are these wonderful "cut outs" which made for the perfect photo op. Just couldn't pass these by. As you might be able to guess, the cut out with Aunt Verna and Aunt Myrtle was at the top of the mountain, therefore the background was the clouds surrounding the mountain top.
We made good use of the time at the top waiting for it to clear. (Can you say gift shop? I actually found a very reasonably priced small bag that I use when we hike or when I'm walking to the store in Neerach.) And then we walked to the next train station and lo and behold, what did we see? A restaurant! Must be time for an espresso or cappuccino for the coffee crew. The cappuccino was bea
utifully presented with a cinnamon heart sprinkled on the top.
What I had not seen before is that portions of the walk between Rigi Kulm toward Rigi Klosterli
were a Flower Walk and it truly was an area in full bloom. The beginning of June appeared to be peak for the flowers along the Rigi ridge. We encountered a few herds of cows as well. Their bells made for a melodious background.
Although we got caught in a rain storm by the end of the hike, we were not too far from the train station and were able to take a bit of a break in the doorway of a closed restaurant. Another cloudy day in Switzerland, and yet still beautiful in it's own way!
Checking the weather forecast, it seemed like the Luzern area had the greatest possibility of Alpine views and so we headed to Art-Gothard to catch the Rigi Bahn
Of course, there are these wonderful "cut outs" which made for the perfect photo op. Just couldn't pass these by. As you might be able to guess, the cut out with Aunt Verna and Aunt Myrtle was at the top of the mountain, therefore the background was the clouds surrounding the mountain top.
We made good use of the time at the top waiting for it to clear. (Can you say gift shop? I actually found a very reasonably priced small bag that I use when we hike or when I'm walking to the store in Neerach.) And then we walked to the next train station and lo and behold, what did we see? A restaurant! Must be time for an espresso or cappuccino for the coffee crew. The cappuccino was bea
What I had not seen before is that portions of the walk between Rigi Kulm toward Rigi Klosterli
Although we got caught in a rain storm by the end of the hike, we were not too far from the train station and were able to take a bit of a break in the doorway of a closed restaurant. Another cloudy day in Switzerland, and yet still beautiful in it's own way!

Comments