Before lunch we climbed up one of the remaining towers that was once part of the fortification around the city. The view of both the city and the Alps was stunning!
It is finally completed. Well, the top is. I frequently make a pieced back, but as I am considering hand quilting this one, I decided to buy a lovely dark blue wide back which will be the back as well as the binding. Sorry for the distortions in this photo. I was so excited to have it completed, I didn't take care with HOW the photo looked. This has been a leader/ender project for over 2 years. A few times, I worked on a block, making it a priority, but mostly it truly was a leader and ender project. For my reference 😊: Includes 1,176 half square triangles (!!!), 168 blue squares and 168 white on white squares (mostly along with a smidge of low volume prints). The beauty of this quilt is that it is made up of a single 9 patch block that is simply turned in various directions and joined into a large 16 patch that measures around 24" square!! It "only" takes 12 of those large blocks to create this flimsie. This wonderful pattern is a Bonnie Hunter pattern ca...
Even before the end of 2024, I had decided on what blocks I wanted to work on this year in the RSC, hosted by Angela at Sosrappy. They are more Split 9 patches. I have some left from last year and they make a great donation quilt. 16 patch Star blocks (one done but not pictured) String blocks The blocks Angela shared as her inspiration for this month (5 done but not pictured) But then January hit. And there was a project I had started and put away early in 2024 that just begged to be finished early in the year. And that has been the focus of my sewing time. All the blocks have been sewn. They are on my design wall. I have all the rest of the white blocks that are missing from the wall cut and ready to go, but it seemed like a waste of time to stick them on the wall at this point. Fingers crossed I can get this to the flimsy stage today or tomorrow. This is the gorgeous Mini Exploding Heart pattern from A Slice of Pi. I guess that fits the bill f...
I haven't done much blogging recently. I'm finding that much of my quilting time is spent work on quilting up projects that have been made by others that are heading out for donation. I don't tend to photograph those, since I'm just finishing up the work of others. Also, having had some back issues, my sewing time has been more limited. But I have enjoyed experimenting with different FMQ designs as I work with these. This one was fun! I will most likely use this again on another square quilt. (Photo was taken just as a record of completion...) The quilting design does not show up as well on this one as I used a color that blended in. But this flower pattern is easy to work with. This project keeps making it's way on and off my design wall as I work on projects with a deadline. I originally saw the pattern on the YouTube channel of the Questioning Quilter. She called it "Top of the Stairs." It's a disappearing pinwheel. It went on my bucket list of q...
Comments